The New Researchers Day (NRD) will take place on Friday, 7th June 2019, the day before BSRLM’s Summer conference.
‘New’ in the title is open to your interpretation: the day is intended for research students, post doc researchers, newly appointed lecturers (perhaps those starting in research) and anyone who thinks ‘this sounds good’. ‘Mathematics’ in BSRLM should be regarded widely and researchers in education whose research has a strong but not exclusive connection with mathematics are very welcome.
The event will include two keynote talks.
Additionally, there will be a range of research presentations by colleagues who consider themselves as ‘New Researchers’.
- There is no charge for the day, but you must be (or become) our member. The membership fee is £35. Concessions are available. To join BSRLM, please click here.
- Light refreshments will be provided, but lunch and evening meal (if you stay on for the Saturday meeting) are self-funded.
- Financial support from the Leone Burton Fund will provide Bed and Breakfast accommodation for anyone attending the New Researchers Day and staying on for the Summer conference the following day. (If you are able to cover the costs from another source, please do so as the Leone Burton Fund depends upon donations). The amount per person is capped at £40. To claim, simply give your details and a copy of your hotel receipt to the Treasurer at the conference on Saturday.
- The NRD will be held at the University of Birmingham.
- Once you have joined BSRLM and have logged into the site, you can register to attend.
- There is no deadline for registration, but to ensure that your name appears on the delegates list, please register, at least, by Friday 31st May.